Dinner with Mr. Darcy
While we can’t promise you a dashing Colin Firth look-a-like, we can provide some of the best local delicacies that Bath has to offer! Come with us on a Jane Austen themed food tour of the beautiful Georgian city of Bath, where we’ll take you back to the Regency period and sample the favoured fayre from that time.
Our tour will take place on foot around the city, where we’ll get to “take the air” in the most Georgian of fashions, stopping off at several food venues to sample speciality recipes made with local Bath produce. Between venues, we’ll follow Jane’s footsteps around the city of Bath, taking a moment to pause outside her homes in the city. We’ll talk about Jane’s time in Bath, a must-visit spa resort for the highest of Georgian society, and discuss the foods Jane mentions in her books. Did you know she had a particular love for Bath Buns?
- The tour will be led by a passionate and experienced Bath local.
- The tour will last 3.5hrs & will have 4 food stops (and plenty of pauses along the way for photographs & sightseeing).
- The tour will take place on foot (remember to wear your comfy shoes!)
- We’ll be walking approximately 2.5km throughout the evening.
- Our tours are small and intimate, with no more than 6-8 people (but do let us know if you’d like to take a larger group, and we can arrange a special tour)
- Our tours will go ahead rain or shine, so please be prepared with either your brolly or your sun hat!
- Our tours start promptly at 5pm, and you’ll need to arrive 5 minutes before the start.
A dainty local Bath Gin cocktail & local nibbles
A hearty Sally Lunn Bun main with a savoury topping of your choice!
A regency inspired homemade pudding and Bath Bun
A cheese board bursting with the best local cheeses
A sup of local cider!
A choice of two non-alcoholic or alcoholic drinks are included in the tour. Additional drinks can be purchased if required.
If you have any particular dietary requirements, please let us know in advance as changes cannot be made on the tour. Visit our FAQs page for more information about the tours, and feel free to contact us with any particular requests.