Best of British
Our Best of British tour will give you chance to taste traditional British foods on a walking tour of the beautiful Georgian city of Bath. We’ll wander the streets of the city, taking in the sights and sounds that Bath has to offer, while stopping at four venues as part of our tasting menu.
We know that British food can sometimes get a bad rap, and we can’t wait to show you how wrong that is. We’ll start the tour with a welcome drink and nibbles before moving on to the main event. You’ll have chance to try traditional pie ‘n’ mash, and a drop of locally brewed real ale, taste possibly the best ever cheddar cheese from Cheddar, and finish off with a great British pudding!
Between the venues, we’ll be pausing to take in some of the popular tourist destinations, along with some lesser known sights that you otherwise might miss.
- The tour will be led by a passionate and experienced Bath local.
- The tour will last 3.5hrs & will have 4 food stops (and plenty of pauses along the way for photographs & sightseeing).
- The tour will take place on foot (remember to wear your comfy shoes!)
- We’ll be making 4 stops on this tour.
- We’ll be walking approximately a total of 2.5 km throughout the evening.
- Our tours are small and intimate, with no more than 6-8 people (but do let us know if you’d like to take a larger group, and we can arrange a special tour)
- Our tours will go ahead rain or shine, so please be prepared with either your brolly or your sun hat!
- Our tours start promptly at 5pm, and you’ll need to arrive 5 minutes before the start.
- Real ale and nibbles
- Pie ‘n’ mash or Bangers ‘n’ mash
- Old fashioned pud
- Rated the most eaten cheese in Britain – Cheddar but this is the real deal cheddar…and others!
A choice of two non-alcoholic or alcoholic drinks are included in the tour, including a local Bath ale. Additional drinks can be purchased if required.
If you have any particular dietary requirements, please let us know in advance as changes cannot be made on the tour. Visit our FAQs page for more information about the tours, and feel free to contact us with any particular requests.